Race 3: Tiznow’s Smile (#5)
- Is in the best form of her career right now after struggling in weaker races for so long.
- Ran better than it appears last time, as she was buried down inside while the top two finishers got the jump on her.
- Has always been bred to be best going route distances, and is finally getting a chance to do so.
4-1 on ML
Race 5: Pink Sands (#3)
- Got the wrong trip last time, as she was buried down inside in tight quarters while racing behind a very slow pace.
- Ran very well two back on Sep. 15, closing behind Palladian Bridge, who just returned to win at this level.
- Finally gets off the rail after having drawn in the inside post in two straight races.
8-1 on ML
Race 8: Inspector Lynley (#7)
- Has proven that he handles turf courses with some give to them, and it won’t be anywhere near firm on Saturday.
- His grinding style should be well-suited to this longer trip.
- Is bred to handle the stretch-out in distance, since his dam is a half-sister to Rescue Squad, who was second in this race a few years back.
9-2 on ML