Race 5: Jazzy J (#6)
- The Pace Projector is predicting a fast pace, which should help a late runner like this filly.
- Was simply in over her head while racing on the wrong surface in her last two starts.
- Eric Cancel does a good job of getting longshots to run from off the pace.
15-1 on ML
Race 6: Dr. Baskin (#2)
- Won his only prior start against New York-breds as a 2-year-old.
- Ran fairly well last time despite getting headstrong against a solid open claiming field.
- The addition of blinkers may signal that he will get a more aggressive ride, and that strategy was successful in his only win.
9-2 on ML
Race 7: Singapore Trader (#2)
- Ran very well against some top New York-bred 3-year-olds in the Albany two back.
- Was never able to run a true race last time, as he got shuffled out of position while racing in tight quarters last time.
- Will appreciate stretching back out in distance to a mile.
8-1 on ML