Race 1: Cariba (#1)
- Has impressed in her morning workouts.
- Is bred to be precocious, since her dam is a half-sister to a couple of dirt sprint winners.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past five years, Kiaran McLaughlin is 12 for 53 (23 percent, $2.32 ROI) with 2-year-old first time starters in dirt sprints racing on Lasix.
9-2 on ML
Race 4: Pas de Deuce (#7)
- Ran pretty well in her allowance race at Saratoga two back.
- Has already proven herself on the NYRA circuit whereas others are coming in off suspicious Finger Lakes form.
- May appreciate the turnback in distance to 7 furlongs.
7-2 on ML