Race 1: Richie’slilwildcat (#2)
- Earned a series of competitive TimeformUS Speed Figures when in Larry Rivelli’s barn.
- Has had excuses in each of her last two starts (fast pace and wrong surface).
- Gary Contessa has been enjoying a fantastic Belmont fall meet.
9-2 on ML
Race 5: Fiery Opal (#2)
- Ran the race of his life two back when coming back on 6 days’ rest off a race at Parx, and does the same thing here.
- Should get an honest pace to close into with Barely Impazible and Blewitt likely to hook up on the lead.
- Showed a lot of grit off the layoff last time, and should move forward second off the layoff.
Race 9: Yamano Maker (#6)
- Is bred to be talented, sired by Empire Maker and out of a dam that produced UAE Derby runner-up Epicharis.
- Has put in some pretty fast morning drills for a barn that isn’t known to push them too hard for their debuts.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Bill Mott is 15 for 50 (30 percent, $4.68 ROI) with 3-year-old first time starters in dirt sprints.
3-1 on ML