Race 2: Flat Calm (#5)
- Ran well to beat a solid field in her first start back off the layoff last time.
- Won routing to break her maiden and is certainly bred to appreciate this stretch-out in distance.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 8 for 17 (47 percent, $4.34 ROI) when she removes blinkers.
4-1 on ML
Race 4: Canteen (#1)
- Ran well within the context of the race in her debut, as she broke poorly and made a wide run over a rail-biased surface.
- Is bred to appreciate the stretch-out in distance.
- Chad Brown gets a 100 TimeformUS Trainer Rating with second time starters, and with those trying routes for the first time.
3-1 on ML
Race 9: Canarsie Kid (#10)
- Is in the best form of his career right now, and all of his recent TimeformUS Speed Figures are higher than his foes.
- Runs his best races at Belmont Park and handles cut in the ground.
- Has arguably faced tougher company in his last two starts despite racing against claimers.
4-1 on ML