Race 2: California Night (#1)
- Ran better than it seems last time as he closed into a slow pace while racing wide against a rail bias.
- Mike Maker gets a 100 TimeformUS Trainer Rating with horses dropping in claiming price.
- Should be fitter in his second start off the layoff.
3-1 on ML
Race 5: Niko’s Dream (#10)
- Was flying at the end of her debut after breaking badly and losing focus in the early going.
- Exits a strong race, as the winner returned to win a stakes the runner-up won impressively next time out.
- Barclay Tagg has put together a strong record over the past several months with limited starters.
9-2 on ML