Race 1: Ekhtibaar (#3)
- His lone turf start over 3 years ago was actually better than it seems; deserves another chance.
- Is bred to be a turf horse on his dam’s side, as she and her progeny were mostly European turf horses.
- Figures to sit a good stalking trip just off the likely favorite Souperfast.
5-2 on ML
Race 4: Elizabeth Nicole (#3)
- Ran well to beat what was arguably a tougher field two back at Saratoga, albeit while riding a speed bias.
- Was unwisely rated last time in a race that featured other speed types.
- Gary Contessa is enjoying a fantastic Belmont fall meet.
4-1 on ML
Race 6: Coal Truth (#6)
- Ran better than it appears when he got in trouble going this distance last fall.
- Appears to be training well heading into this return as a new gelding.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past five years, Jonathan Thomas is 6 for 14 (43 percent, $2.42 ROI) first off a trainer switch with maidens.
10-1 on ML