Note: Justin Finch’s longshot blog, “On the Contrary,” will resume on opening day at Del Mar. Meanwhile, we asked him to blog about the TimeformUS Pace Projector.
Here’s what Wire Wire Wire is all about-
- Every Thursday through Sunday, Justin will take a brief look at several racetracks, focusing on only horses that the Pace Projector projects to be on the early lead.
- The focus will never be on morning line favorites or on horses who figure to be coming from off the pace.
- Justin’s goal will be to highlight horses whose early speed may help them to outrun their odds today.
- The selections will be based primarily on the TimeformUS Pace Projector, Pace Figures, and Early Pace Ratings.
- Readers should be careful to add their own comprehensive handicapping to the narrow, speed-based approach Justin will be taking in this column.
>>Learn how to use The TimeformUS Pace Projector.
>>Learn How To Use TimeformUS Pace Figures.
>>Read a Q & A with Justin Finch about betting on longshots.
Race 7: Lots of Chocolate:
Pace Projector shows her on clear early lead. Has competitive speed figures.
Race 2: Laguna Vixen:
Pace Projector shows her on the early lead. Has the best speed figures in the field.
Race 4: Discreet Kiss:
Pace Projector shows her on clear early lead in race favoring speed. Has better dirt speed figures than the ML favorite.
Race 5: Dream Baby:
Pace Projector shows her on the early lead in race favoring speed. Strong speed figure off layoff.
Race 5: No Contingency:
Pace Projector puts him on clear early lead in race favoring speed. Rider should help the price (if not the horse).
Race 4: Rocky No:
Pace Projector puts him on clear early lead. Strong speed figure in debut.