Note: Justin Finch’s longshot blog, “On the Contrary,” will resume on opening day at Del Mar. Meanwhile, we asked him to blog about the TimeformUS Pace Projector.
Here’s what Wire Wire Wire is all about-
- Every Thursday through Sunday, Justin will take a brief look at several racetracks, focusing on only horses that the Pace Projector projects to be on the early lead.
- The focus will never be on morning line favorites or on horses who figure to be coming from off the pace.
- Justin’s goal will be to highlight horses whose early speed may help them to outrun their odds today.
- The selections will be based primarily on the TimeformUS Pace Projector, Pace Figures, and Early Pace Ratings.
- Readers should be careful to add their own comprehensive handicapping to the narrow, speed-based approach Justin will be taking in this column.
Race 4: Shot for Shot:
Pace Projector shows him on the early lead. Has the best last-out speed figure in the race.
Race 3: Crafty Rock Girl:
Pace Projector shows her on the early lead. Has the best last-out speed figure in the race. Big price on ML.
Race 8: Sarahline:
Pace Projector shows her on the early lead in a race favoring speed. Handles synthetic and is nice price on ML in short field.
Race 2: Lov Fool
First-time starter draws the right post and has strong gate drills. Expecting early speed here.
Race 8: Mister Breeze:
Pace Projector shows him on the early lead in a race favoring speed. Strong pace figures and strong speed figure in last start. Big price on ML.